Homeopathic College of Canada
In 1995, the Homeopathic College of Canada (HCC) was founded as a non-profit educational institution. The College's objectives are to establish the homeopathic profession in Canada and to foster continuing education and research in the field of homeopathic medicine.
Students in the Homeopathic Medicine programme receive a solid foundation in anatomy, physiology, pathology and related sciences.
They are taught case oriented, patient-based, complementary medicine, with an extensive clinical externship, which provides the practical experience necessary to work in the health care field.
The mission of the HCC is:
- To maintain the highest professional standards of homeopathy
- To provide international leadership in the fields of homeopathy and complementary medicine
- To promote homeopathy as an alternative and complement within the health care system
- To encourage, support and conduct scientific research in homeopathy and complementary medicine
- To provide treatment effectively and economically within the health care system
- To facilitate public education in the value of homeopathy and complementary medicines
- To co-operate with health care institutions, physicians and other health care providers
- To assist government agencies to recognize the role of homeopathy and homeopathic practitioners in the health care system
- To inspire respect for health and life