Ammonium Carbonicum (am-c.)
Exercise 54 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Ammonium Carbonicum (am-c.)
- Mental picture not clear yet.
- Sour, ACID disposition.
- Obstinate in company and reluctant to obey.
- Irritable, < headache, bad weather, evening.
- Sulky, refuses to answer, 'don't bother me'.
Indisposed to talk. Doesn't share emotions.
- Timid. Avoid crowds.
- Talk during sleep: REVEALS SECRETS.
- Feels unfortunate, fear of misfortune, < morning.
- Anxious, fearful in evening, feel like crying.
Bad mood in morning, tends to weep, which > in evening (Graph.).
- SADNESS, < CLOUDY, WET WEATHER.
- Walking < : recalls disagreable memories, gets discouraged.
- Sensitive to criticism, even towards others,
< hearing others talking.
- Hysterical women, with a tendency to faint.
- UNCLEANLINESS. Aversion to bathing often because of <.
- Absentminded. Mistakes in calculating, speaking, writing.
- Seem backward, immature. Difficulty learning. Lazy.
- Critical, demanding.
- Flabby, obese. Soft tissues.
- GREAT WEAKNESS OF CARDIAC AND RESPIRATORY SYSTEM.
- Tremendous EXHAUSTION (Stann, Mur-ac, Helo), < menses.
- Lack of reactibility.
- DISCHARGES ACRID, PUNGENT, excoriating:ear, nose, eye,
stool, menses, leucorrhoea, ulcers.
Mental and physical acidity.
- Difficult oxygenation of blood. Sluggish circulation.
- Tendency to dark hemorrhages, no coagulation.
- < DURING MENSES, 3-4 A.M. (Kali-c.).
- < COLD, WET, CLOUDY, WINDY WEATHER. BATHING (Sulph.).
- < Walking in cold air. Ascending.
- < Pollution (Sul-ac.).
- > Lying on abdomen, becoming warm in bed.
- Severe cases with cold body, weak pulse, cyanosis.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: SUGAR.
- Pain: Congestive.
Forehead, ROOT OF NOSE, AS IF head WILL BURST.
As if brain oozes out through forehead and eyes.
< wet weather, walking in open air,
- Sensation of hot water in right eye.
- Dry, swollen, cracked lids, from excoriating discharge.
- Acrid discharge.
- Painful sensibility in deaf ear.
- History of repeated coryza, with burning acrid discharge,
ext. throat, bronchi. Weakening the chest resulting in dyspnea, emphysema.
- Obstruction at night, waking him, < menses.
- Hay fever.
- Epistaxis, while washing face and hands, while eating.
- Pale, bloated, puffy (Cushingoid).
- Heated while eating, from excitement.
- Cracks in mouth corners and lips from acrid saliva.
- Boils and pustules during menses.
- Cracking of jaw on chewing
- Saliva acrid, excoriating.
- Food tastes metallic.
- Gums receded, bleeding, spongy. Teeth loose, fall out.
- Toothache during menses, < when biting teeth together.
- Tonsils inflamed and bluish-purple (Lach.).
- Acrid, burning diarrhea (Merc-c.).
- Bleeding hemorrhoids during menses.
- Masturbation. Sensitive to sexual impressions.
- Sexual desire diminished. AVERSION TO SEX.
- Hysterical reaction to sexual stimulation (oversensitive clitoris).
- Cholera-like (diarrhea, vomiting) symptoms at beginning of menses.
- Menses profuse, dark and clotted.
- Leucorrhea acrid, burning.
- CARDIAC ASTHMA. BRONCHIAL ASTHMA. EMPHYSEMA WITH CYANOSIS.
- ASPHYXIA FROM CHARCOAL FUMES (Carb-v.).
- Bronchitis with dry, tickling cough, < 3 a.m. (Kali-c.).
- RATTLING respiration; accumulation of mucus with difficult expectoration (Ant-t.).
- Dyspnea < ASCENDING, WARM ROOM, POLLUTED AIR, 3
A.M.; > open air.
Dyspnea with cyanosis, rapid pulse, anxiety.
- Acute pulmonary oedema.
- WEAKNESS OF HEART. DILATATION OF HEART. ANGINA PECTORIS.
- VIOLENT PALPITATIONS, < from motion; with prostration and
sense of suffocation.
Have to lie down to calm down heart.
- PANARITIUM. Violent inflammation finger.
- Bone pains, < cold, wet weather.
- Chronic sprains.
- Talking during sleep. Revealing secrets.
- Starting from sleep.
- Eruptions dark RED, LIKE SCARLATINA.
- Erysipelas with brain symptoms. Malignant scarlatina.
- Snake-bites with sepsis, thin black bleeding (Elaps).
DD: Ammoniums, Ant-t., Ars., Calc., Carb-v, Kali-c, Lach., Laur., Stann.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.