Apocynum cannabinmum (apoc.)
Exercise 49 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Apocynum cannabinmum (apoc.)
* Renal failure.
- Retention of emotions. Deep problems are not discussed.
Does not like to express anger.
Though seems to be open, doing all right.
- Depression. Apathy. Dull.
- Aversion to talk or being talked to.
- Irritable and anxious during pain.
- Restless at night.
- EDEMA, dropsy.
- RETENTION OF FLUIDS (perspiration, hemorrhage).
- CHILLY; < cold.
- Edema alt. with other conditions.
Kidney disease alt. or together with heart, digestive, rheumatic complaints.
- Bloated, < lying.
- Dry lips.
- Thirsty, but usually < from drinking.
- Constant vomiting during menses, before menses.
- Vomiting immediately after drinking few drops in gastritis (Phos., Bism.).
- Sinking sensation, with nausea, < morning on waking.
Hanging down sensation.
- Gastritis with paralysis of stomach.
- RENAL FAILURE.
- RETENTION OF URINE.
- Edema scrotum, penis.
- Metrorrhagia, diminishes when energy lowers.
- Difficult, has to sit up. Cannot take a deep breath.
- Hemoptysis, suddenly in great quantities.
- Feeble heart: weak, slow pulse, irregular palpitations.
Mitral and tricuspid regurgitation.
DD: Apis, Ars., Chin, Dig., Stroph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.