Asarum europaeum (asar.)
Exercise 48 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Asarum europaeum (asar.)
* OVERSENSITIVE NERVOUS SYSTEM.
- Tremendous SENSITIVITY TO NOISE, esp. scratching on
blackboard, silk, linen, paper unbearable, even mere
- Serious workers. Overworked. Nervous breakdown.
- Do not tolerate any kind of violence, not even to be commanded.
Feels easily humiliated.
- Wringing hands. Fidgety.
- Hysterical laughing & crying. Alternating moods.
- Fear of insanity, because mind is breaking down.
- Aversion to coition, sexual matters in general.
Children who don't like to be kissed, hugged.
- Delusion limbs are FLOATING, as if floating in the air.
- Parts of the body feel fixed or stuck.
- < DRY, COLD WEATHER, > WET WEATHER.
- Locally > cold, wet applications.
- > Open air, < closed room.
- Chills go up and down body, < noise, emotions.
- ALLERGIC TO VARIOUS CHEMICALS, FOODS.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Alcohol, nuts (Cub.), milk.
- Aversion: Onions, garlic, fish, fat.
- Hysterical,< least motion, > rest.
- FLOATING SENSATION.
- Feels pulsation of arteries in occiput.
- Eyes feel stuck, fixed.
- Deafness from over-sensitivity of auditory nerve.
- Twitching, esp. left upper eyelid, > blinking.
- Nausea during pregnancy, everything is rejected.
- Vomiting with anxiety and chilliness.
- Yellow, stringy mucus.
- Floating sensation.
- Chilliness in single parts.
- RESTLESS HANDS, FINGERS.
- SLEEPLESSNESS OR WAKING FROM LIGHT NOISE.
Compl.: Caust., Puls., Sil.
DD: Aur., Coff., Merc., Nat-m., Nux-v., Ther., Zinc.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.