Exercise 45 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Glonoinum (glon.)
* Violent irregularities of the circulation.
- Confusion. Cannot tell where he is. Gets lost in well known places.
< Waking at night, inhaling fumes.
- Fear of apoplexy; of open spaces, < menopause.
- Attempts to escape, to jump out of window, with pain (headache).
- Time passes too slowly.
- CONGESTIONS. PULSATIONS.
- Flushes of heat, < menopause.
- < SUN. Warm.
- > Cold. Open air.
- < Menopause, suppressed menses.
- Symptoms come and go with the sun.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Tobacco.
- < Wine (Zinc).
- CONGESTIVE, PULSATING headACHE (Bell, Lach, Meli, Puls).
< SUN, heat, wine, during menses, jar, tight collars.
> Uncovering, pressure, lying in dark.
Increases and decreases with the sun, even without exposure.
Instead of menses.
- Sensation as if brain is expanding, skull is too small.
Red sclera with headache.
- Epistaxis on going out in the sun, with flushed face.
- CONGESTION, with headache and palpitation.
- PULSATING CAROTIDS.
- Nausea and vomiting with congestion to head, e.g. sunstroke.
- Climacteric complaints.
- Suppressed menses with congestions to head and chest.
- Congestions to chest and heart, < any exertion.
- Boiling sensation. Heat.
- VIOLENT, VISIBLE PULSATION OF HEART WITH
THROBBING CAROTIDS AND HEAT OF FACE.
- Angina pectoris.
Compl: Bell, Sulph.
DD: Bell, Lach, Meli, Puls, Sang, Sulph, Verat-v.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.