Exercise 43 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Cedron (cedr.)
- Excitable, nervous persons of voluptuous disposition.
- Aversion to company, but when alone <. Aversion and fear of friends.
- Shuns the bed, fear of the bed.
- Excitement before chill.
- Restlessness drives from place to place.
- Sadness, with heaviness of body; after coition.
- Weakness of memory for persons.
- PRECISE PERIODICITY (Chin-s., Cact.).
Exactly the same hour,
esp. < 9 a.m., 4 p.m.
- Malarial affections. Neuralgic pains.
- < After sleep, lying down, night, before storm, open air.
- < After coition: in women, chorea; in men, neuralgia.
- > Standing erect.
- Convulsions, chorea < menses.
- headache with numbness over whole body.
- Pain above eyes, < left eye;
< after coition, before storm, night, open air;
> cold applications.
- Severe pain in left eyeball, radiating around eye, shooting
into nose. Supra-orbital neuralgia.
- Burning like fire.
- Pale, bluish, < menses.
- Neuralgia < 7-8 p.m.
- Stammering after coition.
- Sensation of paralysis of tongue during menses.
- Involuntary urination after coitoin.
- Numbness of urethra.
- Sexual desire increased, < at sunrise.
- Sexual desire increased, morning in bed.
- Abortion at the same period.
- Puerperal convulsions at regular intervals, begins with pain in left temple.
- Perspiration axilla.
- Chorea, < coition.
- Pain right deltoid.
- Numbness before or during fever.
- At 4 a.m. followed by perspiration.
- At 3 or 4 p.m.
DD: Aran., Ars., Chel., Chin., Chinin-s., Kali-bi., Nat-m., Sabad.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.