Anhalonium lewinii (anh.)
Exercise 42 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Anhalonium lewinii (anh.)
- Often introspective, brooding type of people, not very sociable.
- Feel that they are different. Lack self-confidence when in company.
- Lack of initiative, insecurity, irresolution.
- Feel isolated, forsaken.
- Changeable mood. Irritable. Distrustful, resentful to society.
- EXISTENTIAL ANXIETY. Spiritual seekers.
- Flight from reality. Escape in a world of dreams.
- Mental prostration. Confusion. Dullness.
- MENTAL CONDITIONS: false 'spiritual', 'mystic' states.
- Breaks down the usual effect of time and space.
Time seems prolonged, space disintegrated.
- DEPERSONALIZATION. Dissociation from the environment.
- Weakened will-power with increased self-awareness, insight in the
inner workings of the psyche; increased bodily awareness.
- Clairvoyance. Uncontrolable active and perceptive mind. Exaltation
- Affected greatly by sounds: 'kaleidoscopic hearing'. Out of the body
experience or colourful delusions from noise.
- Involuntary, colourful visions.
- Overtaken by world of delusions. Feels merged with environment.
- Confusion of identity. As if he had two wills, or seperated from his
- Delusion is floating in the air; body is immaterial; being double;
being seperated from the physical world and observes from above.
- Usually no fear arises with the illusions.
Desire for company to talk about the delusions/illusions.
- < Skin contact, < visions or sounds.
- < Light, motion.
- > Rest, darkness.
- < Closing eyes.
- Ailments from drug abuse, spiritual seekings.
- Motor incoordination.
- Pain with disturbance of vision.
- Optic hallucinations.
- Brilliant visions < on closing eyes, from noises, touch.
- Objects seem transparent.
- Exaggerated reverberation of sounds.
- Illusions of smell.
- Left-sided trigeminal neuralgia.
- Nausea > lying down.
- Sleeplessness from activity of mind.
- Visonary dreams.
DD: Agar., Anag., Cann-i., Cann-s., Op.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.