Eupatorium Perfoliatum (eup-per.)
Exercise 38 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Eupatorium Perfoliatum (eup-per.)* Complaints accompanied with bone-pains.
- Very restless, can't keep still.
- Chilly. < Uncovering, draft.
- PAIN IN THE BONES, 'AS IF BROKEN'.
- < Motion, but pain is so severe that he can't keep still.
- Febrile diseases, like influenza, malaria.
- Recurrent fevers, malaria-like (Chin, Nat-m).
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: COLD DRINKS, ice cream.
- Periodical 'arthritic' headache with soreness internally.
Every third or seventh day.
- Occipital headache, with sense of weight, after lying down. Must lift
head up with hands.
- headache > conversation, < fever, perspiration.
- Soreness in eyeballs (Bry), of lids.
- Nausea < motion, from smell or thought of food (Colch).
- THIRST FOR LARGE QUANTITIES OF COLD WATER before
and during chill and before vomiting bile.
- Vomiting immediately after drinking.
- Hoarseness and cough, with soreness in chest.
Supports chest on coughing (Arn, Bry, Dros).
- Cough < 2-4 a.m. (Kali-c);
> getting on hands and knees; kneeling with face towards
- Soreness, < coughing, motion.
- Pain as from a bruise and weakness in back.
< Before and during chill, motion.
- Chill felt first in back (Gels).
- BONE PAINS WITH SORE MUSCLES.
- Gout, arthritis associated or alternating with headache.
- CHILL BETWEEN 7-9 A.M., PRECEDED BY GREAT THIRST
WITH GREAT SORENESS AND ACHING OF BONES.
Compl: Hyos, Nat-m, Nit-ac, Sanic, Sep.
DD: Arn, Ars, Bry, Nat-m, Phos, Pyrog, Rhus-t.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.