Digitalis Purpurea (dig.)
Exercise 37 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Digitalis Purpurea (dig.)
* Heart, liver and prostate affections.
- Anxiety about conscience. Remorse.
- Indisposed to speak. Tearful moroseness.
- Sadness with sleeplessness from heart pains, due to unhappy love, grief.
- Weeping from music.
- Fear that heart will stop if they move (opposite of Gels.).
- Fear of death, about the future.
- SLOW PULSE.
- COMBINATION OF HEART AND PROSTATE OR LIVER COMPLAINTS.
- < Lying on left side.
- < Exertion, coition.
- With heart or liver symptoms.
- Blue lids.
- Detachment of retina.
- Objects appear green and yellow. Colours of the rainbow before
eyes. Changes in perception of shades of green.
- Face and lips bluish.
- Blue distented veins on lids, ears, lips and tongue.
- Tongue and gums blue.
- Nausea, < eating least food, smell or sight of food. Not relieved by vomiting.
- Faintness, great weakness in stomach. Sinking feeling at pit of stomach.
- Enlarged, sore, painful liver. Hepatitis.
- Diarrhea during jaundice.
- White, chalk-like, pasty.
- Constant urging < at night, with discharge of hot burning drops.
- Sharp cutting or throbbing pain at neck of bladder, as if straw were
being thrust back and forth. - Retention of urine.
- Prostatitis. Prostate enlarged, esp. old people.
- Urethritis. Constriction and burning as if urethra too small.
- Hydrocele. Edema of prepuce. Dropsical swelling of genitals.
- Amorous desire with impotency.
- Dyspnea associated with heart problems.
- Deep sighing.
- Hemoptysis instead of menses or before menses.
- Pneumonia in old people. Chronic bronchitis.
- Passive congestion of lungs with hemoptysis due to weak heart (Queb).
- SLOW PULSE. Slower than heart.
- Least motion causes violent palpitation. Weak puls, quickened by
- WEAK HEART. FEELS AS IF IT WOULD STOP IF HE MOVED,
must hold breath and keep still.
Sudden sensation as if heart stood still (Gels, Lob).
- Angina pectoris < raising arms, exertion, coition, excitement.
- Irregular heartbeat. Intermittent pulse.
- Hyperthrophy of heart. Dilatation. Cardiac dropsy.
- Heart failure. Rheumatic heart disease.
- PALPITATIONS, WITH DEPRESSION, FROM GRIEF (Ign, Ph-ac).
- Pain and numbness in left arm.
- Dropsy. Shiny, white swelling joints. Swelling of fingers < night.
Swelling of feet.
- Fingers go to sleep easily.
- One hand cold, the other hot.
- Blue nails.
- Starts from sleep from fear of suffocation.
- Starts from sleep, as if falling from height.
DD: Chim, Kalm, Lach, Lat-m, Spig, Spong, Staph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.