Ambra Grisea (ambr.)
Exercise 36 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Ambra Grisea (ambr.)
* INHIBITION, TIMIDITY, BASHFULNESS.
- Emotional, sentimental people who suffer from inhibition.
- Impossible to express himself, communicate, < company of
Must make tremendous effort to keep conversation going.
- Cannot let go. Aversion to seeing or hearing others laughing.
- Extremely conscious of what people will think about them.
- Embarrassed esp. regarding personal habits like stool, urine,
- Ailments from failure, being put down/insulted,
embarassment in their work: lose confidence, become
bashful, avoid people.
- Dwell on past unpleasant experiences, offences, being hurt.
- Strong sex desire, lascivious thoughts and masturbation; feel guilty.
- Sensitive to music. Music <.
- Irritability. Hysteria. Fear of killing.
- Forgetful, dull, mental slowness. Unable to calculate.
- Mind weakens like when getting prematurely old. Dreamy state of mind.
Silly prattling, loquacity, jump from one subject to another,
ask questions but don't wait for the answer.
- Delusions, often frightening.
- Over-impressionable patients, tired, emaciated.
- Prematurely old and senile (Alum., Bar-c., Plb., Sec.).
- Ailments like nondescript vertigo, high blood pressure,
headache, colitis. Arteriosclerosis.
- < PRESENCE OF OTHERS, MUSIC, SPRING, MORNING IN BED.
- One-sided perspiration.
- Nervousness, twitches, jerks.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: SALT.
- Aversion: fat (Nat-m).
- > cold drinks, cold water.
- Nondescript vertigo, giddiness, esp. of old people.
- Hyperaemia, heat, while listening to music.
- Heaviness or trembling sensation in head from talking, conversation.
- Dim vision as in elderly people.
- Impaired hearing without underlying pathology as in ageing proces.
- Epistaxis, < early morning while lying in bed, during menses.
- Twitching. Spasmodic trembling. Spasms of lips.
- Old looking expression.
- One-sided perspiration.
- TUBERCLES under tongue. RANULA (sublingual cysts).
Nodosities under right side of tongue.
- Sensation of a lump with difficult swallowing.
- Grayish mucus.
- Emptiness, > lying down.
- Heartburn after milk.
- Indigestion from warm drinks.
- Pain > frequent sips of cold milk, < excitement, lying on abdomen.
- Flatulence, > eructation and flatus, which is impossible if someone
- Internal coldness; onesided.
- Pressing pain around navel > eructations.
- Can only pass stool if no one is around.
- Constipation during pregnancy, from sedentary habits.
- Hemorrhage during stool.
- Cannot pass urine in front of others.
- Violent erections in morning. Desire increased.
- Desire increased.
- Metrorrhagia after exertion, between periods, from slight
provocation, from hard stool.
- Bluish leucorrhoea, < night.
- Nervous cough, < From hearing music, when in company.
- Deep cough followed by eructations; or eructations excite cough.
- Asthmatic; in old people; < slight exertion, coition, music; >eating.
- Palpitation < music, walking in open air.
- Rheumatism, arthritis.
- Heaviness, paralytic weakness; with numbness.
- Trembling from conversation.
- Contraction of hamstrings.
- Cramps in thighs, calves, feet, at night
- Bluish discoloration left leg (varices) during menses, with pressing pain.
- Sleepless after conversation, from excitement, from worries.
- Sleepy with sleeplessness after going to bed.
- Position: right side.
DD: Bar-c., Lyc., Merc., Nat-m., Staph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.