Carduus marianus (card-m.)
Exercise 35 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Carduus marianus (card-m.)
* Affects liver and gall-bladder.
- Dispondent. hypochondriacal.
- Aversion to quarrel.
- Sensitive to noise.
- Weakness of memory, for what was about to do.
- LIVER AND PORTAL SYSTEM.
- < Lying on left side.
- < Motion.
- Weakness < eating.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Beer.
- with tendency to fall forward, > epistaxis.
- Dull heavy frontal headache, > eating; with foul tongue and
- Roughness or greasy sensation palate.
- Bitter taste.
- Pressing pains.
- Vomiting bile.
- LIVER AND GALL DISEASES.
PAIN in liver WHEN LYING ON LEFT SIDE, < motion.
Pain ext. to right scapula near spine or to left scapula.
- LEFT LOBE OF LIVER AFFECTED.
- COLIC, GALL-STONES.
- Cirrhosis of liver.
- Liver affections associated with lung affections.
- Pain in spleen < deep inspiration.
- Pain abdomen > deep inspiration.
- Dropsy. Ascites.
- Constipation alt. with diarrhea.
- Very hard and insufficient, clay-colored.
- Golden yellow. Bilious.
- Chronic uterine hemorrhage with portal stasis.
- Hepatic or splenic cough.
- Must sit up.
- Bronchitis. Pleurisy.
- Pain in sides, < on coughing.
- Pain: drawing, inner margin right scapula; left scapula.
- Drawing pain forearm, radial side.
- Hip-joint disease. Pain ext. to thighs; < stooping, rising from seat.
- Varicose veins, ulcers.
- Broken or hard thrombosed veins.
DD: Bry., Chel., Chin., Chion.,Dig., Ham., Lyc., Mag-m., Nat-s.,
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.