Aethusa cynapium (aeth.)
Exercise 34 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Aethusa cynapium (aeth.)
- Self-contained, a loner. Isolated.
- Strong emotions inside. Seems as if they have decided not
to communicate them with others.
- Feels that no one really understands them.
- Conviction that communication on deeper level is impossible.
- Unload emotional energy in social work, contact with animals.
Tremendous LOVE FOR ANIMALS, talks with them, look after
them with unnatural passion; delusion of animals.
- Ailments from insignificant emotional trauma/disappointment,
no clear cause.
- Aversion of things that excite their emotions.
- Fear: dark, fears suffocation in the dark
- FEAR TO GO TO SLEEP (Mag-m.):
fears come out when falling asleep (Acon.), esp. fear of death;
fear they will never wake up.
- Fear of not waking up after an operation.
- Fear of examination.
- Strong attachment to family. Fear member of family may die.
- Overloaded unconscious.
- Talk to themselves (Staph). Talks in sleep.
- Irritability from controlled emotions, < before and at beginning of
menses, < outside, > indoors.
- Unable to think or to fix attention. Overtaxed from mental exertion.
- WEAKNESS AND LOSS OF WEIGHT, esp. in children, mostly
from VOMITING AND DIARRHEA.
- < Heat, esp. summer.
- Seems to unload in violent vomiting, diarrhea.
- Violent convulsions.
- Desire open air during sleep (Acon, Grind, Lach).
- Vomiting of (curdled) milk; after milk.
- Great weakness.
- Losing weight.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Cheese, farinaceous food, salt.
- Aversion: Fat, fruit, MILK.
- < MILK (Lac-d., Mag-c., Nat-c., Sil.).
- Pain from mental exertion (Calc-p.).
- Serious expression. Looks wise and old. Hippocratic.
- Red flushes, gives a wild look.
- ERUPTIONS AROUND OR ON TIP OF NOSE (Caust).
- Wrinkled in newborns.
- Linea nasalis. Furrows.
- Vomiting violent, esp. milk.
- Child vomits partly curdled milk. Appears as if dying. Pale, sunken
- Cramping pain from milk.
- Distention, < irritation, after eating.
- Diarrhea, esp. after milk.
- Gradual decrease of sex desire. Control their desire.
- Exhausted sleep after vomiting.
- Sleep restless, interrupted by frequent startings.
DD: Ars., Calc., Calc-p., Ign., Mag-c., Mag-m., Nat-c., Nat-m., Sil., Verat.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.