Cimicifuga Racemosa (cimic.)
Exercise 33 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Cimicifuga Racemosa (cimic.)
* Muscular system, nervous system, female genitalia.
- Excitable, lively, extroverted.
- LOQUACITY, changing subjects.
- Sensitive, strongly reacting. HYSTERICAL. Nervous. Fidgety.
- Changeable moods. Desire to travel.
- Irritable about trifles.
- Vague, unclear in her descriptions.
Can't think straight, give proper answers.
- Phobic FEARS: INSANITY, death, being poisoned or murdered,
Fears < pregnancy.
- SIGHING (Ign., Calc-p.).
- DEPRESSION, suicidal. Feels envelopped by heavy black clouds.
- Delusions encaged, caught in wires.
- Suspicious, refuses to take the medicine.
- Insanity from suppressed eruptions, menses; during pregnancy, labor,
- Very SENSITIVE TO NOISE DURING LABOR. Over-sensitive to
pain during labor.
- Dullness with headache.
- Ailments from disappointed love.
- Mental & physical symptoms alternate.
- < COLD, DRAFT.
- < EMOTIONAL STRESS.
- < MENSES.
- > Warmth.
- PAINS: neuralgic,
radiating, go all over (Berb.),
sharp, stitching, changeable.
- Chorea: around menses,
of side lain on.
- Fibrositis, SOFT TISSUE RHEUMATISM.
- EADACHE: with DULLNESS, confusion, paralysed mind,
with STIFFNESS & PAIN NECK,
from vertex down to neck.
Pain pressing outward, exploding.
Soreness in occiput, < motion, > open air.
- Vertex feels as if it would fly off; or as if it opened and let cool air in.
Sensation of cold air blowing upon brain.
- Waving sensation or opening and shutting of brain.
- Pain from eyes to vertex.
- Ciliary neuralgia. Shooting pains, as from a needle in eyeball, <
- Deep seated pain < motion eyes, > pressure.
- Asthenopia associated with pelvic troubles.
- Neuralgia > night.
- Flushes of heat.
- Nausea and vomiting from pressure on spine and cervical region.
- Nausea in pregnancy.
- Soreness of abdominal muscles.
- Diarrhea when rheumatism disappears.
- Nervous urination.
< WHEN FLOW GETS MORE PROFUSE.
- Cramping, shooting pain across pelvis, from ovary to ovary, and in thighs.
- Laborpains, afterpains. Ovarian neuralgia.
- Menses/lochia suppressed from emotion, from cold.
- Labor pains weak, ceasing (Caul., Puls.).Pains extend across
abdomen and into sides.
- Uterine prolapse.
- Intercostal neuralgia, < left side, motion.
- RHEUMATIC PAIN, STIFFNESS, ESP. NECK, < draft.
- Stiffness and contraction in neck and back.
- Spasms, soreness of muscles along spine.
- RHEUMATISM, esp. large muscles.
Stitching, wandering, radiating pains.
Muscular soreness, < after exertion.
- Chorea. Jerks.
- Sciatica: pains darting about, stitching (Berb.).
DD: Calc-p., Calc., Caul., Der., Ign., Lac-c., Lach., Lil-t., Puls.,
Ran-b., Rhus-tox., Sal-ac., Sep., Tub.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.