Palladium metallicum (pall.)
Exercise 32 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Palladium metallicum (pall.)
* Love of approval.
- LONGING FOR GOOD OPINIONS OF OTHERS, especially of
persons they consider as important.
- Haughty, pride, contempt.
- Delusion she is critised; not appreciated; neglected.
Believes to be "looked down on".
- Keeps up brightly when in company, but is exhausted afterwards.
- Wants to please.
- Easily offended, even over imaginary slights. Wounded pride and
- Impatience and irritability with headache.
- headache across the top of the head from one ear to the other.
- headache with pulsations all over the body.
- Shooting pains from navel to pelvis.
- Violent colic, < right side, can only lie on the left side.
- RIGHT OVARIAN PAIN > pressure (rubbing, bending the legs),
lying on left side, < exertion, jar, excitement, coughing.
- SWELLING, INDURATION, CYSTS OF RIGHT OVARY (Apis,
Bell, Lyc, Podo).
- Bearing down of uterus, heaviness like a weight.
- Cutting pain in uterus > after stool.
- Metrorrhagia while nursing (Sil).
- Stitches in right breast near nipple through the back, < deep inspiration.
- Rheumatic pain in right shoulder and right hip.
- Sciatica in right side, > warmth and rest.
- Pain goes from toes upwards.
DD: Apis, Grat, Lac-c, Lyc, Plat, Puls.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.