Exercise 31 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Sabadilla (sabad.)
- Nervous, timid.
- Easily frightened. Sensitive to surroundings.
- < Animation, consolation.
- ERRONEOUS IDEAS OF body. Imaginary diseases:
think they are very sick,
that parts are shrunken, deformed,
that she is pregnant.
- Mental exertion gives headache and sleepiness.
- Alternation of mental and physical symptoms.
- < Cold, cold air, cold drinks.
- > Warm food, drinks.
- > Wrapped up.
- < New and full moon.
- Complaints from worms.
- Periodicity, same hour every day.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: WARM DRINKS, lemon, ONION, sweets, farinaceous.
- Aversion: Onion, meat.
- As though all things were turning around each other.
- Stupefying headache with coryza < mental exertion.
- Red, burning eyelids with hot face.
- CORYZA, hayfever ext. to sinuses; with copious, watery discharge.
- SNEEZING: SPASMODIC, VIOLENT.
- Itching of nose and palate (Wey).
- Nose stuffed during coryza, > warm wind.
- Oversensitive to odors, perfumes.
- Obstruction alternates sides.
- Pain, starts on left side (Lach).
- Pain > warm food and drinks, < cold air.
- Sensation of lump or skin hanging losely, must swallow.
- Cold, empty sensation.
- Colic from worms.
- Nymphomania from worms.
- Asthmatic. Hay asthma.
- Inflammation under toe-nails.
- Thick nails.
Compl: Sep. Thuj.
DD: All-c, Ars, Arund, Euphr, Lac-c, Nit-ac, Sang, Wye.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.