Croton tiglium (crot-t.)
Exercise 28 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Croton tiglium (crot-t.)
* Gastrointestinal and skin disorders.
- Fear during diarrhea.
- Suspicious, desire for solitude.
- < Hot weather.
- ERUPTIONS ALT. WITH INTERNAL AFFECTIONS.
- Pains: Drawing as from a string (eye, nipple, shoulder)(Plb).
- Sensation of water dashing against inner parts.
- Eruptions: Eczema, crusts; in infants.
- Vesicles on lids.
- Pain as from a string drawing eye backward (Par).
- Eruptions: Eczema. Vesicles. Impetigo. Symmetrical urticaria.
- Violent vomiting.
- Gurgling, < left side. Rumbling before diarrhea. Swashing.
- Pain > warm milk (Chel, Graph), < during diarrhea; from region
of umbilicus, ext. downward to anus.
- DIARRHEA: sudden GUSHING of yellow watery stool,
immediately AFTER DRINKING OR EATING.
< Warm weather; after nursing.
> Hot milk.
- Flatus during stool (Nat-s, Podo).
- Constant urging (Merc-c).
- Pain rectum with urging for stool, from pressure on abdomen.
- Pressing pain. Sensation of a plug.
- COPIOUS, < night.
- FORCIBLE, SUDDEN, GUSHING. Shooting out (Elat, Gamb, Grat, Jatr-c, Podo).
- Eruptions: Vesicular. Herpetic. Itching < walking.
Painful corrosion of scrotum.
- Offensive perspiration between thigh and scrotum.
- Asthmatic, alt. with eruptions.
- Alt. with eruptions.
- Violent, with dyspnoe.
- < Lying, must sit up.
- < Deep inhaling. Cannot expand lungs.
- Pain in mammae and esp. nipples, while nursing; as if drawing with
a string; ext. to back.
Sore pain in nipples, < touch of clothing.
- ERUPTIONS: ECZEMA. VESICULAR. RHUS POISONING.
Itching, > scratching.
- Skin symptoms alternating with internal symptoms.
DD: Dulc, Elat, Gamb, Grat, Podo, Mez, Nat-s, Psor, Rhus-t, Sulph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.