Exercise 22 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Asafoetida (asaf.)
* UNSTEADINESS. Hysterical, nervous symptoms.
- Oversensitive. Excited at trifles.
- Hypochondriacal with hysterical anxiety.
- Anxiety, fear of death after eating. Fear of paralysis.
- Hysterical, nervous. Unpredictable behavior.
Unintelligible speech, rhythmic motions in arms and legs, constant
chewing, convulsions, paralysis.
- Alternating moods. Capricious. Spasmodic laughter.
- Excitable sexualy. Flirting. Nymphomania.
- Alernating states: from excitement to stagnation.
- < AFTER EATING. At rest. At night.
- > Slow motion. Open air. Pressure.
- NERVOUS AFFECTIONS: chorea > holding on to something;
- FAINTNESS, < after coition, reading, sleeping left sided, > deep breath.
- Numbness of affected parts.
- Sensation of internal plug.
- Ulceration with offensive discharges.
- Abscess with chronic suppuration.
- Ailments from suppressed emotions, discharges, eruptions.
- Violent, hard throbbings. Venous stasis.
- Affections of bones: fistulae, periostitis, osteitis.
- Deep syphilitic cases.
- Congestive headache.
- Sensation of a plug pressing.
- Numbness of scalp.
- Deep seated inflammation with ciliary pain. Iritis.
- Ulceration of cornea.
- Coldness of canthi.
- Hearing impaired with offensive otorrhea. Caries.
- Caries. Offensive discharges.
- Phletoric. Dark red, dusky. Hot.
- Numbness of bones.
- Grinding teeth.
- Nodosities on palate.
- SENSATION OF A LUMP/BALL RISING FROM STOMACH, with
- REVERSE PERISTALSIS in esophagus. Everything comes up,
nothing goes down.
- Spasms of esophagus, glottis, alt. with contraction of fingers/toes.
- FLATULENCE. Great DISTENSION of abdomen,
INCARCERATED FLATUS; EXPLOSIVE ERUCTATION.
- Bearing down.
- Leucorrhea: greenish, offensive.
- HYSTERICAL ASTHMA, < coition, eating.
- Spasmodic tightness of the chest.
- Milk in non pregnant women.
Deficient milk; milk is thin, bluish.
- NERVOUS PALPITATIONS.
- Cramps, twitchings, contractions. Chorea.
- Bone pains.
- Cold hands with hot face.
- Deep ulcers, spreading,
with highly sensitive, bluish edges;
with offensive discharge;
surrounded with varicose veins.
- Old cicatrices break open, turn purple/black, esp. of amputated limb.
Compl.: Caust., Puls.
DD: Carb-v., Chin., Hep., Ign., Lach., Mosch., Puls., Sumb., Valer.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.