Stannum metallicum (stann.)
Exercise 20 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Stannum metallicum (stann.)
* WEAKNESS AND EXHAUSTION. Often related to respiratory system.
- Sweat, undemanding. Can go along well with people.
- Get an aversion to people because of weakness.
- Anxiety about future.
- No hope, feels so weak, they know they will die soon.
- Difficult concentration because of mental weakness: thoughts go from
one subject to another. Begin one task and get off into another
without finishing any.
- Anxiety, sadness before menses, > flow.
- WEAKNESS. As if flowing through the veins.
- < USING THE VOICE (speaking, singing, laughing).
- < 5 a.m.
- < LEAST EXERTION.
- PAINS APPEAR AND DISAPPEAR GRADUALLY, coming and
going with the sun.
- Attacks of epilepsy with clenching thumbs, in teething children.
- Skinny, pale and exhausted patients.
- Pain and neuralgia, < between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., gradually
increasing and decreasing with the sun. < Motion, jar.
- Burning from weakness.
- CAN HARDLY TALK FROM WEAKNESS IN CHEST.
- Much mucus, difficult to detach.
- Sensation of emptiness.
- Pain > pressure.
- Vomiting from smell of cooking.
- Colic > hard pressure.
- Sensation of emptiness.
- Prolapse of rectum during stool.
- Prolapse of uterus and vagina with weak, sinking feeling in stomach,
< stool. Bearing down.
- Leucorrhea with weakness, alternating with neuralgias.
- Desire increased from scratching distant parts.
- DIFFICULT, FROM OR WITH WEAKNESS.
DYSPNEA < SLIGHT EXERTION, USING VOICE.
- WITH WEAKNESS IN CHEST AND THROAT.
- Hold chest when coughing.
- Dry cough at night, with sweet or salty expectoration in the daytime.
- Cough < using voice, lying on right side, evening untill midnight, exertion.
- SWEET OR SALTY TASTE. Putrid. Offensive. Profuse.
- WEAK, EMPTY FEELING, < USING THE VOICE, EXERTION.
- Asthma. Bronchitis. Pneumonia. Tuberculosis.
- Stitching pain in left side of chest, < stooping, inspiration, expectoration, lying on left side.
- WEAKNESS. Drops things. Legs give out.
- Jerks and spasms. Cramps.
- Typewriters' paralysis.
- Weakness and pain in deltoid and arm, < using voice.
- Discoloration: yellowish copper.
- Exhausting night-sweats (Tub), < towards morning.
- Position: one leg drawn up, the other stretched out.
DD: Carb-v, Gels, Laur, Mur-ac, Ph-ac, Sel, Tub.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.