Aloe socotrina (aloe)
Exercise 18 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Aloe socotrina (aloe)
* Debility and lack of reaction, esp. with respiratory and heart affections.
- Preoccupied with his disease (stool).
- Irritable, discontented, filled with displeasure.
- Cross, peevish < cloudy weather.
- Angry when hearing diffirent opinion. Has to restrain himself.
- Irritable before stool, weak after.
- Alternating states, < during digestion, after eating.
Easily excited, alt. with resigned and weak.
Mental activity alt. with indolence.
- Appears to be calm, stoic, content. Underneath he is indifferent, not
involved in life.
- Loathing of life.
- Predicts time of death (acute cases).
- Fear on seeing blood, doctors, hospitals, being alone, high places.
- > Evening.
- Portal congestion and stasis.
- < Heat (but can be chilly).
- > Cold applications, open air.
- Sensation of a plug internally; sensation of congestion over surface of body.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desires: Fruit, esp. apples.
- < Beans and peas, sour things.
- CONGESTIVE PAIN > COLD APPLICATIONS, < HEAT.
- Dull pain with heaviness in eyes and nausea.
- Pain during constipation, before stool.
- Complaints of head alt. with:
abdominal, uterine symptoms, back pain, hemorrhoids.
- Twitching lids, esp. left, during daytime.
- Closes eyes from headache.
- Sensitive to noise, esp. music, cause trembling.
- Heat of face.
- Lips dry and cracked.
- Appetite increased, < morning after stool; emptiness after stool.
- Indigestion after beer, sour things, mistakes in diet.
- Bitter eructations.
- SPASTIC OR ULCERATIVE COLITIS.
- Complaints < from suppressed anger.
- Flatulence, distention, rumbing, < before stool.
Pain before stool. PAINS EXTEND TO DIFFERENT PARTS.
- Annoying, tormenting, INSECURE FEELING IN RECTUM.
- INVOLUNTARY OR UNNOTICED STOOL ON PASSING
FLATUS. Feels weak. Has to keep his attention to the sphincter.
During sleep, urination, after eating.
Irritability, shame because of this.
- Intolerant, deep itching, sticks finger in rectum.
- Sensation of plug, full sensation; paralyzed feeling.
5 or 6 a.m., driving them out of bed (Podo, Sulph);
from unripe fruit, beer, oysters;
< being overheated, before menses, from vexation;
< standing, > lying on abdomen;
sputtering, cream colored, burning stool,
mucus in stool, jelly-like.
- HEMORRHOIDS like bunch of grapes, purple, > cold bathing.
- Constipation alt. with frequent stools.
- > Lying on abdomen, < rising from sitting.
- Coldness and numbness.
Cold hands alt. with cold feet.
- That he is soiling himself.
Compl.: Kali-bi., Sep., Sulph.
DD: Aesc., Lyc., Nat-s., Nux-v., Podo.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link. Choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.