Exercise 17 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Laurocerasus (laur.)
* Debility and lack of reaction, esp. with respiratory and heart affections.
- Angry when not understood. Delusion is criticised.
- Anxiety and agitation with restlessness, > open air.
- Fear and anxiety about imaginary evils.
- Sudden loss of memory, esp. from fright or pain.
- Complaints that linger on and on, especially bronchitis, chest conditions
that seem not to recover. Patient gets weaker and weaker.
- LACK OF REACTION. COLLAPSE.
- COLDNESS NOT AMELIORATED BY HEAT.
- Last stage of respiratory conditions (Ant-t, Carb-v) going into
fainting, unconsciousness, coldness.
- Sudden loss of consciousness, with loss of speech and motion.
Nervous collapse. Faintness.
- ASPHYXIA AND CYANOSIS OF NEWBORNS (Ant-t, Op).
- Painlessness of complaints (Op, Stram).
- Somnolence often occurs after the remedy.
Constant cold feeling in head.
As if ice lay on vertex.
As if cold wind were blowing on head.
> Open air.
- Perspiration on nose (Tub).
- Sensation of flies or spiders crawling over skin.
- Twitching of muscles (Agar).
- Tongue stiff and numb.
- Spasmodic contraction of throat and esophagus, < drinking.
- Drinks roll audibly through esophagus and intestines.
- Pain during urination.
- Nausea near hot stove.
- Urination difficult, retarded; feeble stream.
- Dysmenorrhea with general picture.
- Suffocative, gasps for breath, dyspnea: > lying down.
- Short, dry, spasmodic cough; esp. with cardiac disorders.
- Palpitations, rapid and weak pulse.
- Congestive heart failure. Congenital heart diseases.
- Heart pain < any exercise. Holds hand over heart (Kali-ar).
- Threatening paralysis of lungs (Ant-t, Carb-v).
- Spells of deep sleep, with snoring and stertorous breathing (Op).
DD: Ant-t, Aran, Camph, Carb-v, Op, Sec.
EH Query File
Here are two EH Query files for you to install in your own program.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.