Drosera rotundifolia (dros.)
Exercise 16 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Drosera rotundifolia (dros.)
* Respiratory complaints. Spasms.
- Angry at trifles.
- Difficult concentration. Changes to something else.
- Anxiety, sadness when alone.
- Suspicious of his friends. Delusion of persecution.
- Inclination to drown himself.
- Epileptiform convulsions.
- Tubercular tendency.
- Hemorrhages of bright blood.
- < Night.
- < Heat.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Aversion: Pork.
- Epistaxis from coughing, stooping.
- Sensitive to sour odors.
- Contraction on talking.
- Vomiting with cough.
- Colic after acids.
- Deep, hoarse voice.
- Phtisis with rapid emaciation.
- Asthmatic when talking.
- SPASMODIC, VIOLENT COUGH.
from sensation of crumbs or feather or from dryness in larynx.
Whooping cough. Deep and hoarse.
PAROXYSMS FOLLOW EACH OTHER RAPIDLY. Choking.
Holds chest on coughing.
With retching, vomiting.
With epistaxis, bleeding from mouth.
< AS SOON AS HEAD TOUCHES THE PILLOW.
< After midnight.
< Lying down.
< After drinking, eating.
< Talking, singing, laughing, weeping.
< Emotional excitement.
- Contraction fingers when grasping something. Writer's cramp.
- Spasms of fingers when coughing.
- Bed feels too hard (Arn).
- Itching < undressing (Rumx), > rubbing.
Compl: Carb-v, Nux-v, Sulph, Verat.
DD: Coc-c, Ip, Rumx, Spong.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.