Exercise 15 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Kreosotum
- Dissatisfied with everything. Child wants things, throws them away
and wants something else.
- Cross, wilful, obstinate.
- Restlessness, < evening and at night, from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m.; must
- Weeping from music and slight emotional causes.
- EXCORIATING, CORROSIVE DISCHARGES.
- Inflammation of mucous membranes.
- < Left side.
- < 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- < Menses, pregnancy.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Smoked meat.
- < Cold food.
- > Warm food.
- Headache < before or during menses.
Shooting pain ext. to jaws and teeth.
- Hot, salty, excoriating lachrymation (Euphr).
- Difficult hearing and noises, before and during menses.
- Excoriating discharge.
- Chronic catarrh of old people.
- Burning pain < talking, > lying on affected side.
- Saliva acrid.
- Offensive breath.
- Bleeding and retraction of gums.
Inflammation, ulceration of gums.
- Aphthae, salivation during pregnancy (Helon).
- PREMATURE CARIES OF TEETH (Staph). Black spots on teeth.
- Dentition difficult, with restlessness, sleeplessness, irritability and
crying (Calc-ph, Cham, Tub).
- Toothache during pregnancy (Lyss, Sep).
- Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, before menses.
- Weak digestion. Food is immediately rejected or vomited undigested
several hours after eating.
- Cancer of stomach.
- Painful stool, child struggles and screams.
- Can urinate only when lying.
- Enuresis in first part of night (Caust, Sep). Difficult to wake child.
- Involuntary urination while coughing, while lying.
- EXCORIATING. Scalding parts.
- Gangrene of penis (Lach).
- CORROSIVE LEUCORRHEA, offensive, < between menses,
- Burning, itching and swelling of internal and external parts, ext. to
thighs, < after urination.
- Menses excoriating, offensive.
- Violent pain during coition, gives aversion and fear of sex.
Hemorrhage after coition.
- Cancer of cervix, vagina.
- Menstrual flow intermits, ceases on sitting or walking, reappears on
lying. Metrorrhagia < lying.
- Prolapse of uterus and vagina.
- Hoarse, hollow cough from irritation in larynx, < changing position
- Cough with retching and involuntary urination.
- Cough provokes yawning.
- Offensive. Bloody.
- Atrophy of mammae with small hard lumps in them (Iod).
- Pain under left scapula > pressure, lying on painful side, < motion,
riding in carriage.
- Pain and stiffness in left thumb, as if sprained.
- Dreams he is urinating properly with enuresis.
- Violent itching, < evening; with burning sensation after scratching.
Burning heat and itching.
- Excoriation of skin.
- Eruptions about menses.
Compl: Ars, Phos, Sulph, Tub.
DD: Ars, Calc-p, Carb-an, Cham, Cina, Merc, Nit-ac, Sep, Tub.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.