Exercise 14 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Pyrogenium
* Inflammatory conditions and sepsis with fever and great restlessness.
- RESTLESSNESS (Ars, Eup-per, Rhus-t).
- Loquacious, can think and talk faster than ever before.
- Sensation as if she covered the whole bed; body scattered.
Feels as though crowded with arms and legs.
- Feels she is one person when lying on one side and another one when
lying on the other side.
Sees a man at foot of bed on closing the eyes.
- Delusion he is very wealthy.
- SEPTIC STATES.
- Chronic complaints since serious infection.
Post-operative cases with serious infections.
- Horrible OFFENSIVE discharges.
- SORENESS, BED FEELS TOO HARD (Arn, Bapt, Rhus-t).
- Burning pains.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- > Drinking very hot water.
- Throbbing of arteries of head > tight band.
- Bursting headache with restlessness.
- Tongue red, shiny. Coated
- Vomits water when it becomes warm in the stomach (Bism, Phos).
- Soreness, can hardly breath.
- Diarrhea: horrible offensive, painless, involuntary.
- Constipation: complete inertia, black balls (Op).
- Cough < motion, warm room, lying down; > open air, sitting up.
- PULSE, ABNORMALLY RAPID, OUT OF PROPORTION TO
- CONSCIOUS OF HEART. Palpitations < motion. Always can hear
- Chill begins in back, between shoulder-blades.
- Throbbing of arteries of neck (Glon).
- PUERPERAL INFECTIONS.
Serious infections after abortion.
- Menses horrible offensive.
- Fever at each menstrual period (Rhus-t).
- Soreness, aching in all limbs and bones.
Soreness > motion (Rhus-t).
- Profuse hot sweat which does not ameliorate.
- Every injury inflamed.
Compl: Ars, Bry, Lach, Rhus-t.
DD: Ail, Ars, Bapt, Eup-per, Kreos, Psor, Rhus-t, Sulph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.