Ranunculus bulbosus (ran-b.)
Exercise 13 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Ranunculus bulbosus
* Rheumatic complaints. Skin conditions. Affections of nerves.
- Intellectual properness, wants to do everything the way they find it
'decently', even sex. Rigid.
- Closed people. Careful.
- Respectful. Want to be treated with respect and do this also with you.
- Aversion to be touched.
- Irritable, easily offended, censorious, discontented.
- Aversion to responsibility, no ambition, out of a sense of weakness.
Their usual tasks become heavy. A feeling of inability.
- Anxiety about health, trifles. Fear of ghosts.
- Concentration difficult. Complaints from thinking.
- < COLD AND WET WEATHER, CHANGE OF WEATHER,
COLD AIR, DRAFT.
- < Touch, evening, left side.
- Pain is spots, circumscribed (Kali-bi). Cold spots.
- Sudden weakness.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- < ALCOHOL.
- Rheumatic or neuralgic headache, < right side, change of temperature
cold and wet weather, alcohol.
- Headache with dullness.
- Pain over left eye with intercostal neuralgia.
- Herpes around eyes. Herpes, vesicles on cornea.
- Herpetic eruptions.
- Spasmodic hiccough after alcoholic drinks.
- Pain in right or left hypochondrium on inspiration, touch.
- Pain from right hypochondrium to back.
- INTERCOSTAL OR NEURALGIC PAIN: < LEFT SIDE,
MOTION, inspiration, LYING ON PAINFUL SIDE, touch, cold,
change of weather.
- Pain or coldness in small spots.
- EXTERNAL COLD SENSATION, of sternum.
Cold sensation internally, < walking in open air, inspiring cold air.
- Herpes zoster < left side.
- PAIN ALONG LOWER MARGIN OF LEFT SCAPULA extending to chest.
- Rheumatic pain between shoulderblades, < writing, sewing.
- Back pains, sciatica.
- PAIN AND STIFFNESS OF THE CERVICAL REGION (Cimic,
Rhus-t), ext. to head.
- Burning or coldness in small spots.
- Herpes zoster.
- RHEUMATIC PAINS with stiffness < cold and wet weather, change
of weather or temperature, touch, motion, coldness.
- Eruptions in the palms and on fingers.
- HERPES ZOSTER with neuralgia, < wet weather, touch.
- Deep blue vesicular eruptions with hard scabs.
- Violent burning and itching.
- Callous and horny skin. Sensitive corns.
DD: Bry, Calc, Dulc, Kali-c, Mez, Rhod, Rhus-t.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.