Lilium tigrinum (lil-t.)
Exercise 11 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Lilium tigrinum
* Uterine and cardiac troubles.
Emotional, nervous manifestations.
- CONFLICT BETWEEN MORALITY AND SEXUALITY.
Strong religious and sexual feelings.
- TORMENTED ABOUT SALVATION. Religious despair alt. with
sexual feelings, nymphomia. Feels guilty.
- IRRITABLE. NASTY. Easily offended. Curse and strike.
- Irritable after sex.
- Envy. DISSATISFIED with her own things.
- Aimless HURRIED manner. Must keep busy. Wants to do several
things at once (Sul-ac, Tarent).
- Hysterical behaviour. Alternating mental states.
- Sensation of living in a wild dream.
- Wild feeling on top of head (Med). Has to scream to relief it.
- Sadness. Constant inclination to weep. Consolation <.
- Anxiety salvation, insanity, incurable disease, heart disease.
- Confusion. Aversion to mental work.
- Mania. Manic-depressive (Lac-c, Lach).
- Desire to pull hair of people in front of them (Bell).
- Alternation of symptoms.
Physical symptoms alt. with mind symptoms.
Sadness at night, diarrhea in the morning.
Uterine problems alt. with heart symptoms.
- < Warm room. Faintness in warm room.
- > Motion in open air.
- < After coition.
- < Climacteric.
- < Anger, excitement.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Meat.
- Headache: < Warm room, > open air (Puls).
With uterine disease.
- Wild feeling in head (Med).
- Visual disturbances with headache.
- Sensation of lump.
- Sensation of lump.
- Vomiting with displacement of uterus.
- Dragging downwards of whole abdominal content, even from throat
on, < standing. Wants to support abdomen.
- Pressure on rectum as from a lump, with constant desire for stools,
- Constipation. Ineffectual urging due to prolapse.
- Diarrhea driving out of bed in the morning (Sulph).
- Involuntary, while straining for stool.
- Burning pain during and after urination.
- Increased desire.
- Malignant diseases from suppressed desire.
- DESIRE INCREASED. NYMPHOMANIA (Hyos, Plat).
- Uterine prolapsus or displacement. BEARING DOWN AS IF
WHOLE ABDOMINAL CONTENT WOULD ESCAPE (Bell, Sep).
< During menses, during stool, walking;
> crossing legs (Murx, Sep), putting hand against vulva.
- Menses only when moving, stops when at rest.
- Symptoms alternating with pain in heart.
- Difficult, < warm, crowded room (Kali-s, Puls, Sulph).
- Sensation of CONSTRICTION about heart, as if grasped in a vise
(Cact), < night; has to walk bent forward.
- PALPITATIONS, > lying on back, < during pregnancy, lying on
- Angina pectoris with pain in right arm, < lying right side, stooping.
- Congestion if desire to urinate is not obeyed.
- Pain with uterine prolapse.
- Staggering gait. Can't walk straight or on uneven ground.
DD: Bell, Cimic, Helon, Hyos, Lach, Murx, Nux-v, Plat, Puls, Sep,
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.