Helleborus niger (hell.)
Exercise 10 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Helleborus niger
* DULLNESS. STUPEFACTION.
- STUPEFIES the mind.
'Sight is unimpaired, yet nothing is seen fully; hearing is perfectly
sound, nothing is heared distinctly.'
- Impressions from outside don't come to the mind.
- DULLNESS. Hazy. Concentration difficult.
- ANSWERS SLOWLY. Reflects long. Rubs forehead.
- WEAKNESS OF MEMORY. Forgetful of what has just read, just
done, was about to say.
- Looses ability to function. 'Muscles will not obey the will'.
Has to keep his attention to what he is doing, otherwise the
- Anxiety about condition. Can't comprehend what is happening.
- Depression. Feels guilty. Suicidal thoughts.
- Consolation aggravates.
- Fixed ideas.
- Passive, apathetic, indifferent.
- Mind becomes blanc. No activity in the mind.
- Strong feeling of isolation.
- Isolation and apathy > by violent stimulation
(screaming at them, slapping them).
- Ailments after meningitis, encephalitis, concussion, apoplexy, fright,
grief, from suppressed eruptions.
- < 4-8 p.m. (Alum, Lyc).
- One-sided paralysis with automatic motions of the other side.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Aversion: Apples, sauerkraut.
- MENINGITIS, encephalitis with stupefaction, rolling of head from
side to side, furrows, chewing motion of mouth, moves lips without
speaking, bores head in pillow, brain-cry (Apis, Zinc).
- Headache with stupefaction.
- Occipital headache, > closing eyes.
- Frontal lobe tumors with stupefaction.
- Vacant, staring look. Or frightened, bewildered look.
- DISPOSITION TO FROWN. Wrinkled forehead.
- Chewing motion. Moves lips without speaking.
- Affections of colon: cancer, ulcerative colitis.
- Diarrhea with mucus and watery stool
- Involuntary stool.
- Paralytic constipation.
- Overdistention. Child cannot urinate.(Caust).
- Hydrocele from suppressed eruption.
- AWKWARDNESS when distracted from what he is doing.
- Automatic, involuntary motions of single limb.
- Chorea. Twitchings.
Compl: Nat-m, Zinc.
DD: Alum, Apis, Cocc, Op, Ph-ac, Zinc.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.