Agnus castus (agn.)
Exercise 8 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Agnus castus
* Breakdown after abuse of sex, drugs, alcohol.
- Great ANXIETY ABOUT HEALTH. Despair.
- Convinced their vital organs are about to collapse,
they have wasted their health.
- Fear of death. Feeling that DEATH IS IMMINENT.
- Mental weakness. Unable to concentrate.
- Manic depression: hide weakness with extreme behaviour,
attitude of superiority, arrogance;
discontented, self-contempt when alone.
Alternating with deep sadness, worthless feeling, desires death.
- Apathy (Ph-ac), with feeling as if nothing ever existed.
- WEAKNESS (Mur-ac), anaemia.
- Sensation of inner trembling & coldness.
- Relaxation of inner organs (Sep).
- < Motion, > rest.
- Pain < motion eyes (Bell., Bry., Ruta).
- Constriction/tightness forehead while reading.
- Increases appetite, but food desired gives weakness.
- Eructations smell like old urine in cloths.
- Sensation of weakness, as if intestines prolapse. Wants to support abdomen.
- Flatus with ammoniacal odor.
- EXCESSIVE SEXUAL DESIRE/PERVERSITIES leading to impotency.
- Ejaculation: premature (Con.); when embracing a woman (Fl-ac.).
- IMPOTENCY: with many sexual fantasies (Calad.),
after suppressed gonorrhoea; in urethritis.
- COLDNESS OF GENITALS.
- Loss of semen during stool, while walking, when embracing a woman.
- Milk absent/stops flowing in nursing women,
with sadness and aversion to coition.
- Arthritis. Gout.
- Erotic dreams.
Calad., Fl-ac., Lyc., Sel., Sulph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.