Capsicum annuum (Caps.)
Exercise 6 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Capsicum annuum
- NOSTALGIA, drawn to the past, long for it,
HOMESICKNESS (with red cheeks, sleeplessness).
Kind of sweet melancholy, noble sadness.
- Sensitive. Phlegmatic.
- Insecure about social contacts, but doesn't withdraw.
- Offended easily. Ailments from emotional excitement.
- Shuts of emotions. Lack of feeling. Aversion of things that break away routine.
- Depression, anxiety. Eventually indifference, + des. stimulants.
Clumsy. Indolent. Uncleanliness of body.
- Fear of getting into trouble, being criticized/censured, police (Merc).
- Sensitive to noise during chill, acutes.
- Obstinate, capricious children.
- Obese, flabby.
- BURNING PAINS, < COLD APPLICATIONS (Ars).
LOCAL BURNING WITH CHILLINESS.
- Slow, tired, weak constitution. Lack of reaction.
- Wants to achieve the maximum, with minimal effort
- Aversion of motion, which >.
- > Continued motion.
- < Cold, > heat.
- < Draft.
- Pain (anywhere) from coughing.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: STIMULANTS, pepper, alcohol, coffee.
- Bursting pain, < coughing. Holds head on coughing.
- Migraine with forgetfulness and nausea.
- Headache > motion, < rest.
- Burning and lachrymation during cough.
- Mastoiditis with burning pain.
- Chronic suppuration of ears.
- Red but cold, tip hot.
- Colds and influenza with violent sneezing, burning.
- Neuralgia: fine needle-like pains, coursing along nerve, < touch,
going to sleep.
- Burning pains < draft of air.
- Diffuse redness cheeks, nose. Flushing (Ferr., Puls.).
- Little red veins cheeks, nose (like in alcoholics).
- Burning, esp. tip of tongue.
- Stomatitis. Ulcers.
- Inflammation with burning pain and dark redness; pain < coughing.
- Hot, punguent air comes up from throat, < coughing, tasting bad.
- Burning pains < after eating. Heartburn. Ulcers.
- Nausea after coffee.
- Great thirst before, during chill, after stool, diarrhea.
- Flatulent colic.
- Burning. Colitis.
- Hemorrhoids with congested face.
- Burning. Tenesmus.
- Urging after drinking.
- Tenesmus. Burning in orifice of urethra, < urination, coughing.
- Coldness of scrotum, atrophy of testes with loss of sensibility.
- Painful nightly erections.
- Menses irregular with pain in left ovarian region.
- Climacteric disturbances.
- < Coffee, evening; > drinking cold water.
- Lumbago, sciatica. Pain on coughing.
- Sensation of cold water dropping dwon back.
- Pain on coughing.
- Stiffness < after rest, starting to move, > continued motion.
- Pain in hip-joint, ext. to feet, < coughing, touch.
- Sleepless < after midnight; from emotions, homesickness, cough.
- Dreams about the past.
- As if falling from a height during sleep (Thuj.).
- Burning, stitching, itching.
DD:Ant-c., Ars., Calc., Calc-p., Carb-an., Ferr., Graph., Op., Sulph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.