Exercise 5 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Colocynthis
* Neuralgic pains, colic, > pressure.
- Proper, strong opinions.
- Reserved, tries to hide complaints.
- Easily offended. Irritability.
- < Contradiction.
- < Mortification, indignation.
- Humiliated from small things.
- Restlessness, irritable with pain.
- PAIN: VIOLENT, NEURALGIC, CRAMPING, CONSTRICTING
FROM ANGER, INDIGNATION, VEXATION.
With restlessness & weakness.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- < Farinaceous food, potatoes.
- > Coffee.
- Sharp cutting pains, one-sided, > pressure, heat, coffee.
- Sharp pains > pressure.
- Gouty affections.
- Glaucoma, stony hard eyeballs.
- Neuralgia, esp. left side, < touch, > pressure.
- Neuralgic toothache, one-sided, daily, ext. to face, ear, head.
- Thirst increased.
- Nausea and vomiting when pains get intense.
- VIOLENT PAINS, ESP. PIT OF STOMACH, > PRESSURE,
BENDING DOUBLE, from vexation, indignation.
- Colic > coffee.
- AGONISING PAINS > PRESSURE, BENDING DOUBLE, drawing
up legs, coffee, tobacco, < least food or drinks.
- Intestines feel squeezed between stones.
- Diarrhea < least food or drink; from anger, indignation, vexation.
- Spasms of bladder, after operation on orifices.
- Catarrh of bladder with discharge as white of egg (Nat-m.).
- Renal colic.
- Frequent urging, tenesmus.
- Dysmenorrhea. Ovarian pains.
- Suppressed menses from anger, indignation.
- Intercostal pains.
- Suppressed milk from indignation.
- Sciatica, > hard pressure, lying on painful side; with numbness.
- Contraction of muscles. Cramps.
Compl.:Caust., Kali-c., Merc., Staph.
DD:Bry., Caust., Cham., Coff., Dios., Gamb., Grat., Ign., Mag-p., Nux-v., Staph.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.