Exercise 3 - EH Analysis
In the following graph, taken from the Encyclopedia Homeopathica (EH) software analysis, each symptom included in the search is represented by a different color. The length of the bar for a particular symptom (represented by a color), indicates how many times this symptom was mentioned in the materia medica for that remedy.
You will notice that, for the most part, only characteristic symptoms were chosen. This allows for easy differentiation of the correct remedy. The first remedy on the left is the correct remedy and the answer to the exercise. Usually, it has the longest bar of the graph, and comprehensively covers all the symptoms.
The EH screenshot is followed by a list of the RADAR Keynotes of that remedy, and a link to a query file that users may download and install into their own EH program in order to duplicate the analysis.
RADAR Keynotes for Moschus
- Hysterical and nervous persons.
- Complains without knowing what ails him. Imaginary diseases.
- Suited to spoiled sensitive natures.
- Selfish, obstinate;
Resort to all kinds of cunning to have her whims gratified.
Lie about illness or fakes, to get what they want.
- Quarrelsome. Irritable.
- Violent anger. Scolding till lips are blue.
- Anxiety with palpitation.
- Fear of dying, of lying down lest he die.
- Hurried, things fall from the hands.
- Talks to himself and makes gestures.
- Uncontrollable laughter, alt. with weeping.
- Sexual hypochondriasis.
- Fraudulent or hysterical disease.
- Diseases do not follow the normal course.
- Tendency to faint; while eating, during menses, etc..
- Sensation of coldness, general or in single parts. As if cold wind blowing on part.
- < Cold.
- < Menses, pregnancy.
- Hysterical convulsions. Spasms.
FOOD AND DRINKS:
- Desire: Cheese.
- Pain in occiput as from a nail.
- Sudden blindness or dim vision. Coming and going.
- Nervous deafness, in paroxysms.
- Epistaxis with spasms.
- One cheek cold and red, the other pale and hot.
- Globus hystericus.
- Nausea and vomiting on seeing or thinking of food.
- Spasmodic, nervous hiccough.
- Hysterical abdominal spasms.
- Incarceration of flatus.
- Polyuria. Copious urination, < with headache.
- Strong odor. Ammoniacal.
- Violent desire with insupportable tickling in parts. Involuntary emissions.
- Impotency associated with diabetes.
- Sexual desire greatly excited; with intolerable tingling of parts
(Orig, Plat). < During delivery.
- Dysmenorrhea with fainting.
- Nervous or hysterical phenomena during pregnancy.
- Spasm of glottis, < becoming cold. Sudden constriction.
- HYSTERICAL DYSPNEA. Suffocative constriction < cold.
- Asthmatic, with intense anxiety.
- Hysterical spasm of chest.
- Hysterical palpitation. Trembling around heart.
- One hand burning hot and pale, the other cold and red.
- Coldness of skin.
DD:Asaf, Croc, Ign, Lil-t, Lob, Pall, Plat, Plb, Sumbul, Valer.
EH Query File
Here is the EH Query file for you to install in your own program.
1. To download the file, right click on this link and choose "Save File As", "Save Link As", or "Save Target As", depending on your browser.
2. Many browsers will change the file extension to .htm when you download. Be sure that the file name ends with .qry. If your browser has changed the extension, change it back to .qry
3. Open EH, go to the Find Window (F4) and chose the Search pull down menu. Select Recall the Query.
4. Double click on the query file you would like to open. You will then find the same query that was used to create the analysis screenshot for that remedy.
5. To view the analysis in EH, hit the function key (F8) and you will see the analysis for that query.
Note: EH owners who download these queries may get different results, based on the database of books they own. In particular, the Vermeulen books seem to be of great help in answering these exercises.