Homeopathy in Poland
A Dr. Mylo was in Warsaw in 1829. Dr. Bigel, of Warsaw, corresponded with Hahnemann in 1832. Joseph Podwigotzky, a nobleman, translated Hering's Domestic Physician in 1856 and treated people without charge.
A homeopathic society was founded in 1892. The 1931 Directory lists eight homeopaths. Homeopathy faded in Poland during World War II. In 1946 the Twarzystwo Zwolennikow Homeopatii Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej (The Republic of Poland Homeopathic Society) was formed.
The number of physicians using homeopathy remained few until the 1970s, when interest in "alternative" disciplines grew strongly. In 1978 a re-formation of the older society took place in Danzig, and a school was established in 1980. The first new book on homeopathy in the Polish language was published in 1988. In the early 1990s, homeopathy continued to spread, and the 100th anniversary of the Homeopathic Society in 1992 saw more than 200 people attending. The legal practice appears to be limited to physicians and pharmacists.