FRCP MRCGP FFHom
David Reilly was born in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Scotland on May 4, 1955.
David graduated MBChB with commendation from Glasgow University in 1978 and completed conventional training as a specialist in General Medicine as well as Family Practice Medicine.
He expanded his skills by exploring other approaches to healing, including homoeopathy, acupuncture and especially aspects of mind-body medicine. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, a Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners in the U.K., and a Fellow of the Faculty of Homoeopathy.
David Reilly is a doctor active in care, teaching, research and health care management. His main interest and skill is focusing on the creation of a therapeutic relationship and "therapeutic consultation", especially with people who are struggling with difficult and complicated health issues.
He explores blending the art and science of medicine, and bridges aspects of orthodox and unorthodox approaches. He sees his medicine as an art form, as much as his personal writing and music making.
Some of his publications are:
- Is Homoeopathy a Placebo Response?
Lancet 1986 ii: 881-6
- Is the Evidence for Homoeopathy Reproducible?
Lancet 1994; 344: 1601-6
- Randomised Controlled Trial Of Homoeopathy Versus Placebo In Perennial Allergic Rhinitis With Overview Of Four Trial Series
- Reilly's Challenge
Editorial - Lancet 1994; 334: 1585
- Developing Integrated Medicine
Complementary Therapies in Medicine 1993; 1, Suppl 1:1-50
- Clarifying competence by defining its limits.
Lessons from the Glasgow Educational Model of Homoeopathic Training.
Complementary Therapies in Medicine 1995; 3:21-24
- Address: Glasgow Homoeopathic Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 OXQ
- Phone: +44(0) 141-211-1621
- Fax: + 44 (0) 141 211 1631